What are NS Records?
NS stands for Name Server. Setting up NS Records allows Airship to send emails from our platform for your business. Depending on your registrar, it can be fairly technical so it may be best to pass this task onto your IT support team!
Choosing your branded domain
To help Airship deliver email for your brand, we help you set up a branded domain. This helps your customers identify email as coming from your brand instead of from an unrecognisable domain.
Examples of branded domains:
If you would like some feedback about which domain to choose, please get in touch with Airship support.
How to set up your NS records.
1 Log into the administrative console for your Domain Name (ie. 1&1, GoDaddy).
2. Locate the page which allows the domains DNS records to be updated. In some cases, this is hidden behind an “advanced settings” section.
3. Create new ‘NS’ records as follows for the subdomain [your-chosen-sub-domain].yourdomain.com (e.g. news.joinerskitchen.co.uk).
4. Once this is completed please let Airship Support know and we will confirm if the records were set up correctly.
Follow these instructions to set up NS records for your domain if you use Namecheap as your registrar:
Follow these instructions to set up NS records for your domain if you use GoDaddy as your registrar:
The NS records should look like the ones in this screenshot once configured correctly.
1&1 does not allow you to add NS records for a subdomain within the 1&1 dashboard. You can contact 1&1 support to ask them to assist you with this.
123-reg does not allow you to add NS records, for that reason we can't support 123-Reg as a DNS provider. You will need to move the DNS for your domains over to another provider. There are a few to choose from on this page. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more help.
Follow these instructions to set up NS records for your domain if you use Cloudflare to manage your domain’s DNS records:
Follow these instructions to set up NS records for your domain if you use UKFast to manage your domain’s DNS records:
- In your ‘myUKFast’ dashboard go to SafeDNS on the left hand menu.
- Select View Zones
- Click on the domain
- Top box shows NS records – go to Add NS Record in the bottom right corner
- Add the NS records
- Click Save at the bottom of the page
If you need further assistance with UKFast, you can contact their technical support to ask them to assist you with this.
Fasthosts does not allow you to add NS records for a subdomain within their dashboard. To use a branded domain with Airship and Fasthosts, you will need to configure your DNS records manually. Please contact email@example.com for details.