Resending an email is a good way to recycle a broadcast you have already built, checked and approved. Resends can be used in a variety of ways, for example trying to engage customers who read your email but did not click, or customers who received the email but did not open it.
The contacts within this search will be accurate until the moment of sending, this means that you can schedule an email using this search feature in advance and be confident that it will send to all contacts that meet your criteria.
Step 1: Select the original broadcast
The first thing you need to do is identify which email you want to resend.
- First, go to the left side panel of the Airship console and click Send > Email > Simple search.
- Click Search by previous broadcast.
- Select the Email option.
- Filter your search by date, quantity of recipients, or ‘message type’ (normal broadcast vs birthday).
- Next, click Submit to see the results.
- To preview the email click Display.
- Check the checkbox on the left to select the email you want to resend.
Step 2: Choose your audience
- Next, choose whether you want your resend to go to contacts who received the previous email or those who did not. Selecting the ‘Has received’ option will also allow you to combine other variables such as whether the contacts had opened or clicked the email or not.
- Click Count results to display the number of contacts your search query is currently targeting.
Step 3: Choose which email you want to send
- From the Simple search page click Next.
- You will be taken to the Email Builder page. From here, you can select a saved email, or create a new one from a template. For instructions on how to do this, click here.
- Once you are happy with your email click Next.
- Just like a normal send, on this last page you will see a summary of who and how many people will receive your email. From here, you can send your email straight away by clicking Send or schedule it to send it later.
And with those simple steps you can resend an email.