**read on for more information
Before you start you should create and save the email. Click here for instructions on how to do this.
- From the left hand side menu click Birthdays > Create Email. You will be taken to this page:
Select Email Template
- Select “Click Here to Load a Previously Saved Email”.
- Choose your email from the list. This will pre-populate all fields and load a preview of the saved email. If you can’t see any email you might need to create the email first. Click here to set this up.
- Make sure that the from name, from address, and reply to email addresses are all filled out.
- Choose a time of the day when the email should be sent.
- Fill in the number of days the email should be sent before or after the birthday. If you want to send the email on the actual birthday select Pre DOB and type in 0 like in the example below.
Define Search Criteria
- If the email is only for a specific group you can add some criteria. For example, you might want to send a specific email if the contact subscribed via a booking form and a different email if the contact subscribed through your website. You can also leave this empty if you would prefer.
- Add a tag so you can create reports on the emails sent. This should be “Birthdays” or similar.
- In the HTML content you can change the copy, images, and CTAs.
- If there are any vouchers in the email, make sure that you have used merged content to pass the details into the voucher on the server. Remember to add the correct name and expiry information.
- You can preview the email by clicking the “Preview” button.
- Once you are happy that everything is correct, click “Create” and then “Next”. You should now be sent through to a screen that looks like this:
- On this page you can see the details of the email you have just set up. You can also pause, delete and edit the email if you need to, with the symbols on the right hand side
And there we go. It’s as easy as that. Your new subscribers are in for a good time!
The Birthday journey
- We would recommend sending an initial ‘Thinking about where to book for your birthday?’ email 21 days before the customer's birthday. This allows them to get in touch with your venue and book the table, but also any additional packages they may want to add!
- You can then send a follow up email 7 days before their birthday excluding anyone who has already booked, this will help to drive those last minute birthday bookings!
- To do this, ‘add simple search criteria’ and click on ‘Narrow Search by Suppressions’. You will then need to go to ‘Booking Enquiry Date:’ and put in ‘14’ ‘in the last’ no of days. This will exclude anyone who has enquired about a booking since the last birthday email was sent.
You can also schedule emails based on various custom triggers from the ‘date-triggers’ part of the console.