Airship allows you to build an email and then save it. Saved emails are useful for multiple reasons:
- They allow you to come back to an email and change it at a later date if you're not ready to send it.
- They allow you to recall a previous similar email for another broadcast.
- In order to set up an automated broadcast (Welcome, Birthday or Retention), you have to save an email first before you can proceed to set up your automated broadcast.
Here's how it works.
- From the left hand side menu click Send > Email > Simple Search. You will be brought to a page similar to the below:
- Click "Narrow Search by Personal Details" and enter your email address into the relevant field.
- Click “Count Results” to make sure that you are sending to just 1 individual or test group (you may need to add yourself as a contact if you return 0 results).
- Click “Next”. You will be taken to the Email Creation page:
- Select a template from the templates dropdown or choose previously saved email.
- Fill in the subject line.
- Add images and text content to the email. (Follow these links for more instructions on adding images and text).
Saving your email
- Name the email using the field under the HTML Content window.
- For Retention Emails make sure to tick the box to "Save as a Retention Notification".
- Click “Save Email”.
If you don't see the "Save as a Retention Notification" option, it's probably because you already have Retentions set up for your units. Remove these first before attempting to save a new email for Retention.