So you have a growing database and want to welcome your new customers? Here’s how you can set up an automated Welcome Email. Before you start you should create and save the email. Click here for instructions on how to do this.
**read on for more information
- From the left-hand side menu click Welcomes > Create Email. You will be taken to this page:
Select Email Template
- Select “Click Here to Load a Previously Saved Email”.
- Choose your email from the list. This will pre-populate all fields and load a preview of the saved email. If you can’t see any email you might need to create the email first. Click here to set this up.
- Make sure that the from name, from address, and reply to email addresses are all filled out.
- Choose a time of the day when the email should be sent.
- Fill in whether you’d like the email to be sent instantly (this can take up to 5 minutes) after the contact has signed up or alternatively, you can set a delay by entering the number of days or minutes after the contact has subscribed you’d like the email to be triggered. With this option, you can also select your preferred time of day.
Define Search Criteria
- You need to select all the groups you wish to be included in the welcome email. That could be one group, all the groups on a unit or maybe all the groups on your account. For example, you might want to send the same welcome email to all customers who make a booking on any of your units, to do that select the relevant groups on each of your units.
- Add a tag so you can create reports on the emails sent. This should be “Welcome” or similar.
- In the HTML content you can change the copy, images, and CTAs.
- If there are any vouchers in the email, make sure that you have used merged content to pass the details into the voucher on the server. Remember to add the correct name and expiry information.
- You can preview the email by clicking the “Preview” button.
- Once you are happy that everything is correct, click “Create” and then “Next”. You should now be sent through to a screen that looks like this:
- On this page, you can see the details of the email you have just set up. You can also pause, delete and edit the email if you need to, with the symbols on the right-hand side
If you’d like to change up when your welcome emails are sent, just click the edit icon as displayed above and you can then switch up the send time. Once you’re happy, just click ‘Update’.
**read on for more information
We recommend setting up 4-6 emails in your welcome journey over a 2 month period. This means that when a customer is first added to your database they can be taken through a journey of the brand straight away.
- To set up a welcome journey, this needs to be completed in the ‘Date triggers’ section down the left hand side of your screen and then click create email.
- You will then be able to select ‘Contact Created Date’, choose the time and how many days after the contact created date you want the emails to be sent.
- On this page is where you will also select your saved email you wish to send in your welcome journey and defining your search criteria.
Ideas of what you may like to include in your welcome journey:
- In the first welcome email you could be giving the customer an offer as a thank you for signing up.
- You could then let the customer know what you do on a weekly basis such as happy hour offers or themed nights.
- In the third email you might be telling them about your click and collect service etc.
Just repeat the above process of creating the individual welcome emails but changing how many days post contact created date to create the journey!
And there we go. It’s as easy as that. Your new subscribers are in for a good time!
If you would like to set up further emails that are based on your customers join date, you will need to go to the ‘date-triggers’ part of the console.